Shortly after publishing Homosexuality in America, I realized that I had taken a simple argument of a Man's right to his own life and turned it into a zealous front on sex. While the aforementioned article may be jumbled I would like to correct it. This article is really not much on Homosexuality, but sex itself.
This second article came into mind when a friend of mine mentioned that she felt sex was also an expression of one's deep love for another(hopefully after marriage) and thus found gay sex acceptable. Overlooking this expression of love in my article, I stated sex should be for reproduction and consequently I thought gay sex was not pious. Comparing and contrasting these opposing ideas, I progress onward to an answer. Both of these arguments promote that the act of intercourse mentioned is not just sex for fun, but rather sex out of love or sex for children.
Subsequently, modern culture, advertisers, network producers, and the people who endorse them(you and me) blur the line of sex's acceptance in culture. 'Sex sells' is now advertising slang. The immense pressure of sex trickles down. While being not nearly as serious or harmful, it is portrayed in other places, such as scantily clad dolls to MTV reality shows. With girls overly conscious about their weight and boys doubting their masculinity, the public view of what is right and what is wrong is questioned daily.
Americans need to remember the two points I mentioned earlier and set their own guidelines for life. However, the moral dilemma is not the only problem at hand. Children out of wedlock, STD's, and eating disorders are effects of our perception on what's appropriate.
--- As for gay sex - despite my friend's point, I still feel that homosexuals should remain celibate because gay sex doesn't carry the same responsibility of children that a man and woman having sex does. While in our world most couples overlook this, the two points I mentioned coincide. Hopefully the couple that believes they are strong enough in their bond to have sex also gladly acknowledge the responsibility.
What is 'The Forum?'
The Forum takes its name from the ancient Roman Forum where issues, opinions, and news were argued, reiterated, and analyzed. Our mission is not to report, but to give the reader a in depth view on situations, events, and just about anything at hand. Feel free to read and comment about my usual summary of the NBA, analyzation of the upcoming election, or thoughts on the economy.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment